CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Welcome!
Make yourself your favorite coffee or tea, pull up a chair and spend some time with me. While you're here don't forget to subscribe by email and join this site to receive first alerts on my free printables and helpful posts. Check out my offering of freebies and tips/hints. I'm glad you're here and you're always welcome!

~Mary~

Friday, May 4, 2012

All About Spelling Tiles



I made up some tiles to go along with a very "popular"  program that we use.  I wanted both of my children to be able to have their own set of tiles and I couldn't afford to keep buying them, so I made my own.   For best results print on letter size photo paper and use self stick magnet sheets for the backing.



This is our white board with my made up tiles on it.  It actually works much better and I prefer it to the tiles that accompany the program.  These tiles are all magnet, so they are easier to handle and stay on the board much better.  I apologize for the pictures.  The one downfall of our schoolroom is that it's so dark.  It is at the back of the house and has a tiny window.  But I'm grateful to have a "school room" at all!


Enjoy and God Bless!

14 Interesting thoughts:

Erin said...

Awesome!!!!

Naturally_Me said...

This is great! I need 3 sets of letter tiles but the price adds up quickly. This would definitely work out much better for us. I seem to be missing something though, are these printed directly onto the magnet sheets?

Naturally_Me said...

This is great! I need 3 sets of letter tiles but the price adds up quickly. This would definitely work out much better for us. I seem to be missing something though, are these printed directly onto the magnet sheets?

Mary said...

I'm so happy that this would be able to help you! I myself wanted the tiles to be "shiny" like the original tiles. So I printed them first on letter sized photo paper and then adhered them to the magnet sheets. The magnet sheets are adhesive on one side. I found these magnet sheets to be the strongest magnetically.

Naturally_Me said...

Thank you so much I will be making these tomorrow. Again thank you.

Mary said...

You're welcome!

Julie said...

Thanks so much!

Tara Burton said...

A friend just shared this with me today and I'm so excited to use it in conjunction with the Phonic Road to Reading & Spelling for my 5 year old son. He is FAR from being able to do the writing part in the curriculum so this will allow him to do the program without needing to write! Thank you again for sharing!

jeannie03 said...

They are awesome!!

Unknown said...

Can you tell me how much these cost to make?

Unknown said...

Can you tell me how much these cost to make?

DairyQueen said...

you just saved my life! Well, may be not, but you sure made my day! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Tatana said...

Thank you!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for putting these out there! I appreciate it. Since you asked for an interesting thought to ponder, here's one for you: "The more a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." ~ George Orwell

Post a Comment

If you're taking the time to read what I have to share, then I'd love to read what YOU have to share. Please leave me a interesting thought to ponder. Have a blessed day!